a French TV listings magazine regularly featured a motorbike centrefold. Although
at the time I followed the fashion of the Japanese bikes, the centre spread photograph
of one of the very first 1000 LAVERDA came as a shock!
A little later, I tried out a 750 SF of the same make. The impression of power was admittedly less distinct, but I had rediscovered the beauty of the engine, a high reliability and above all, an outstanding character. Like most motorbike enthusiasts of that time, I also couldn't forget the sporting achievements of these big twins of the early seventies, that fierce and often victorious battle between the small family firm from Breganze and the might of the large Japanese factories.
It didn't take more than that for me to quickly and instinctively become a fanatic of the make. I couldn't try out such-and-such a bike without comparing it to Breganze's twins or triples, which, no doubt eliminated any hint of objectivity I might still have…. The motorbike in question might well have had 4 cylinders, 16 valves and a red zone of over 10, 000 revs, but all that seemed rather dull to me next to the sensations granted and the growl exuded by the Laverda engine, to the detriment of any notion of comfort, it is true to say.
So welcome to this website, dedicated to a family which, somewhere in the north of Italy, near to Venice, was able to create an identity that still unites today all the followers of the make with the green, white and red emblem with gold-edged lettering…"
What are you looking for?
* Improvements and advices, best adresses for 750 and 1000 Laverda motorbikes, go to the chapter beside "750 / 1000".
* Infos about other Laverda bikes, the 350/500, the offroad models, the 650/668/750 of the Zane factory, or just want to have some fun, go to the chapter "Various".
* You want to ask questions, or simply to speak about these motorbikes, go to the Laverdamania forum (mainly in french, sorry!)
* Need some help from the Laverdamania assistance, need to download documents, you want to buy or to sell a Laverda, go to "Services".
* Think about registering your bike in the 650/750 or the 1000/1200 registry!!
750 / 1000